Time for another Day in the Life post. As always, Erica’s is over here.

I had an early appointment, so I got up at 7.20am, got dressed and left by 7.40am.

It was a grey and misty but warm morning.

The train pulled into the station as I came down the stairs (so proud I got the American flag in the shot…)!

Headed to the Upper West Side, reading Jung on Dreams…

Picked up some tea at Starbucks….

And went to my meeting.

Walked up Broadway and passed this intriguing sculpture:

Went to Zabars to pick up some pastries for a photo project.

Then back on the train to Brooklyn.

Saw the first chestnut of the season on our block.

And thought I’d capture the philosophical sign on our street as well:

Our elevator is slow enough to play with taking pictures on the ride up.

Had breakfast: kale, rice beans and avocado.

Checked some blogs while eating.

V. stayed home from work because he wasn’t feeling well.

I took some food shots in my little makeshift photo studio.

Did laundry and got bleach on my favorite sweatshirt. Argh!!!

V started to catalogue the very limited wine selection in his new wine fridge (#manhobbies)

Went for a late lunch at Leelawadee…a little Thai place we love in the neighborhood. How cute are the frangipani blossoms on the wall?

Had salad and a spring roll.

Then tofu with Thai basil. Yum.

Went to the dry cleaner.

And to the post office. The woman at the window took something like 30 minutes. People had post office rage on line!!

Also went to the vet to buy special cat food, but forgot to take a picture.

Then got back on the train at 4 to go to Chelsea for a food show with Candle.

Stopped to get coffee at Le Pain for my co-workers.

Just Food works to connect local farmers to their communities. Very cool. They have this annual event to connect local restaurants and their food to the people of NYC.

Was sent for another coffee run to Le Pain right after I got there.

The centerpieces were wilted before things started.

But chef Angel made up for it with his amazing flower arrangement. Check out the root vegetables in the bottom of the vase!

He made butternut squash puree with a root vegetable salad and pumpkin seed vinaigrette.

There was live jazz.

And a lot of people.

And the chefs right next to us were making serious meat.

Herbivores and carnivores co-mingled happily all night.

V was uptown having dinner with his friend, so he met me on the train at 14th St. and we rode home together.

I browsed some Halloween dessert ideas, mostly to avoid watching the political debates.

Took a shower and went to bed.